Nature is nurturing! Rejuvenate with a scenic hiking adventure in the lovely Litchfield Hills. Start with a glass of wine in our sun room or on our stone patio overlooking the lawn and gardens. Relax in one of our suites or deluxe rooms and wake up in the morning to a full breakfast prepared with locally sourced ingredients to fuel you for your day of exploration. Then grab your picnic backpack and choose a hike (or hikes) from the maps we provide of the most scenic trails in the area, including:
- Haystack Mountain, offering views of the peaks in 4 states from an impressive stone tower
- Campbell Falls, one of the state’s most spectacular waterfalls and our favorite spot to take a refreshing dip on a warm day
- Dennis Hill, with a large stone pavilion just perfect for your picnic
Trails are all less than 2 miles and easy to moderate. There are also longer and more challenging hikes in the area for the adventurous. We’d be happy to share our favorites!
- Deluxe overnight accommodations
- Bottle of wine at check-in (choose red or white)
- Directions and trail maps for Haystack Mountain, Campbell Falls and Dennis Hill State Park
- Picnic for two packed in a convenient picnic backpack (includes local cheese, crackers, seasonal fruit, nuts, and sparkling water)
- Full breakfast in the morning at a private table for two in our bright dining room with garden views
To book online, select your dates, choose a room and then select the “Take a Hike” rate. Or give us a call us at 860-542-5690.
Package available from April until November.