Welcome to The Manor House Inn!
Built in 1898, our elegant Tudor inn is perfect for relaxing getaways and memorable escapes – whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just want to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Enjoy the picturesque New England countryside at our inn, tucked away on 5 lovely acres in Norfolk, a charming town in the Litchfield Hills.
Relax with a glass or wine or a cup of Harney & Sons tea in our Great Room with exposed wooden beams and large stone fireplace. Grab a book in our library to read while enjoying a view of the gardens in our sun room.
The Manor House Inn is less than 2 1/2 hours from New York City and Boston. It’s on a quiet street, yet just steps away from 2 full service restaurants, a country store, artisan shops, hiking trails and more.
Planning Your Visit
Here are some of the activities our guests enjoy:
- Kayaking, sailing and fly fishing on serene lakes and rivers
- Hike to the top of Haystack Mountain or Campbell Falls for some of Connecticut’s most spectacular scenery
- Walk to Infinity Hall Norfolk, the region’s popular intimate concert venue
- Craft beer tasting at local craft breweries, including award-winning Norbrook Farm Brewery, Great Falls Brewing Company, and Little Red Barn Brewers
- Enjoy the wonderful year-round activities the charming town of Norfolk has to offer
- Visit the Norman Rockwell Museum, the Mark Twain House & Museum, The Mount (Edith Wharton’s estate) or one of the many other nearby historical sites
- Wine tasting at nearby vineyards, including Sunset Meadow Vineyards
- Watch racing at Lime Rock Park, the country’s most significantly historic road racing circuit
Providing a safe and clean environment is always a top priority for us- but it’s even more so as a result of COVID-19. We have instituted practices at the inn to help protect against viral transmission, including frequent cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces in our common areas and guest rooms, and providing hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in our foyer and refreshment room.
At this time, for the safety of our guests and to comply with local regulations, we are only offering to-go breakfasts which include a muffin, fresh fruit and coffee or tea.
Flexible Cancellation Policy:
We have also made our cancellation policy more flexible so you can book your next visit with confidence. Click here for more details and be well!