Welcome to The Manor House Inn
Built in 1898, our elegant inn is perfect for quiet retreats, relaxing getaways, and memorable moments – whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just need a change of scenery. Enjoy the picturesque New England countryside at our small 9-room inn, tucked away on 5 acres in Connecticut’s lovely Litchfield Hills. We offer an adult-oriented property perfect for rest, retreats, and romance. Cuddle up with a good book in our sun room or one of the Adirondack chairs on our lawn or consider:
- Hiking on trails that lead to some of Connecticut’s most scenic views; the stone tower at the summit of Haystack Mountain was designed by renowned architect Ehrick Rossiter, who also designed the Manor House Inn
- Covered Bridge Electric Bike Tours
- Craft brewery tastings at local farm breweries
- Walking tour of Norfolk, our charming New England village with historic architecture
- Concerts at Infinity Music Hall, an intimate concert venue just a short walk from the inn
- The Manor House Inn is less than 2 1/2 hours from New York City and Boston. It’s on a quiet street, yet just steps away from a full service restaurant, country store, miles of hiking trails and more.
Built in 1898, our elegant yet understated inn is perfect for relaxing getaways and memorable escapes. Our seven spacious King and Queen suites and two Deluxe rooms all offer private baths. Some have private balconies, fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs. We are situated on a quiet street, yet just a brief walk to our charming town, with a full service restaurant, a country store, artisan shop, historic homes, and close to scenic hiking trails, including Haystack Mountain which offers spectacular views of the peaks in three states!
Activities & Packages
The serene beauty of the Litchfield Hills region offers a tranquil getaway for Manor House Inn guests. There’s so much to explore, including antique and artisan shops, craft beer breweries and wineries, wooded trails for hiking, country roads for biking, and lakes and rivers for kayaking, fishing and paddle boarding. Packages for picnics, hiking, and winery / brewery tours are amongst our most popular offerings and make for a meaningful and memorable experience.
We prepare our breakfasts using locally sourced ingredients whenever possible, using produce, cheese and jams from some of our incredible local farms. Each morning we serve a two-course breakfast with one seasonal entrée, including guest favorites like orange French toast, tomato and herb frittata with crumbled goat cheese, and blueberry puff pancakes. We happily accommodate special dietary restrictions with 24-hour advance notice including gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, etc.
Events & Group Reservations
We love hosting groups! Our property is designed to inspire moments of connection, reflection, and celebration. For guests who want exclusive use of the inn, we offer customized packages for intimate weddings, corporate retreats, family reunions, and more.