Welcome to The Manor House Inn
A perfect place to rest, recharge, and reconnect, The Manor House Inn is ideal for quiet retreats, relaxing getaways, and meaningful moments. Take a step back in time and enjoy the picturesque New England countryside at our intimate inn, tucked away on five acres in Connecticut’s breathtaking Litchfield Hills. Savor a place where art and nature are celebrated. Our adult-oriented, nonsmoking property is perfect for rest, retreats, and romance. Digital detox is highly encouraged. Books, board games, and lawn games abound. There is so much to explore, including:
- Hiking and picnicking through some of Connecticut’s most scenic trails, many with breathtaking vistas: Haystack Mountain, Dennis Hill State Park, Campbell Falls State Park, Great Mountain Forest, and Norfolk Land Trust.
- Covered Bridge Electric Bike Tours, with a location in nearby North Canaan
- World-class mountain bike trails and disc golf at nearby Norbrook Farm Brewery, with live music most weekends
- Craft brewery tastings on the Connecticut Beer Trail
- Tastings & Tours on the Connecticut Wine Trail & Litchfield Distillery
- Beautiful downtown Norfolk, with the utterly enchanting Norfolk Library & Norfolk Hub, often featuring local artist exhibits, City Meadow, and Self-Guided Walking Tours of our quintessential New England village featuring historic architecture and Battell Chapel.
- The Norfolk Foundation‘s robust programming year-round includes the Haystack Book Festival.
- Concerts at Infinity Music Hall, an intimate concert venue just a short walk from the inn
- Nearby Winsted with wonderfully independent Boutiques, Bookstores, The American Mural Project, Whiting Mills Featuring Artisans & Craftsman, or the wonderfully vintage Gilsen Cafe & Cinema
- A leisurely day for swimming at Toby Pond’s sandy beach. Passes, towels, & beach chairs available through the inn.
- Make-your-own chocolate at Facia’s Chocolates (requires reservations)
- Antiques Alley in CT & MA, and in nearby Litchfield CT
- The Best New England Fall Foliage drive from Torrington to Norfolk Through People’s State Forest
- Kayak, Canoe or Paddleboard on the Farmington River
Built in 1898, our elegant yet understated inn is perfect for relaxing getaways and memorable escapes. Our seven spacious King and Queen suites and two Deluxe rooms all offer private baths. Some have private balconies, fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs. We are situated on a quiet street, yet just a brief walk to our charming town, with a full service restaurant, a country store, artisan shop, historic homes, and close to scenic hiking trails, including Haystack Mountain which offers spectacular views of the peaks in three states!
Activities & Packages
The serene beauty of the Litchfield Hills region offers a tranquil getaway for Manor House Inn guests. There’s so much to explore, including amazing day trips, antique and artisan shops, craft beer breweries and wineries, wooded trails for hiking, country roads for biking, and lakes and rivers for kayaking, fishing and paddle boarding. Packages for picnics, hiking, and winery / brewery tours are amongst our most popular offerings and make for a meaningful and memorable experience.
We prepare our breakfasts using locally sourced ingredients whenever possible, using produce, cheese and jams from some of our incredible local farms. Each morning we serve a two-course breakfast with one seasonal entrée, including guest favorites like orange French toast, tomato and herb frittata with crumbled goat cheese, and blueberry puff pancakes. We happily accommodate special dietary restrictions with 24-hour advance notice including gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, etc.
Events & Group Reservations
We love hosting groups! Our property is designed to inspire moments of connection, reflection, and celebration. For guests who want exclusive use of the inn, we offer customized packages for micro-weddings, corporate retreats, think tank collaborations, family/friend reunions, and more.