Welcome to The Manor House Inn
Built in 1898, our elegant inn is perfect for relaxing getaways and memorable escapes – whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just need a change of scenery. Enjoy the picturesque New England countryside at our small 9-room inn, tucked away on 5 acres of lawn and gardens in Connecticut’s lovely Litchfield Hills.
We have many scenic outdoor areas for you to enjoy during your visit- including patios, a gazebo, and paired Adirondack chairs scattered throughout our expansive lawn and country gardens. Two of our suites also offer private balconies, where you can enjoy your morning coffee or take in spectacular sunset views over the trees.
The Manor House Inn is less than 2 1/2 hours from New York City and Boston. It’s on a quiet street, yet just steps away from a full service restaurant, country store, miles of hiking trails and more.
Planning Your Visit
Don’t miss our Packages & Specials to ensure you have a memorable visit!
Here are some of the fun summer activities our guests enjoy:
- Kayaking, sailing and fly fishing on serene lakes and rivers
- Hiking to the top of Haystack Mountain or Campbell Falls for some of Connecticut’s most spectacular scenery
- Craft beer tasting at local craft breweries, including award-winning Norbrook Farm Brewery, Great Falls Brewing Company, and Little Red Barn Brewers (currently offering outdoor patio seating)
- Wine tasting at nearby vineyards (currently offering outdoor patio seating)
- Renting an electric bike from Covered Bridge Bikes and exploring the stunning Litchfield Hills countryside
- Visiting Thorncrest Farm for delicious, handcrafted chocolates (currently offering take-out service)
- Enjoying the activities the charming town of Norfolk has to offer
We also offer a private and relaxing location for Private Group Stays and Intimate Weddings. Contact us for details about making memories that will last a lifetime at the Manor House Inn!
Providing a safe and clean environment is always a top priority for us- but it’s even more so due to COVID-19. We have instituted the American Hotel and Lodging Association’s SAFE STAY practices at the inn to protect our guests. Click here to learn more about what to expect during your stay.