Norfolk’s Virtual Winter Festival celebrates the art, history, and nature that our charming village is known for. View free on-demand videos to learn more about the rich history and culture that showcase why Norfolk is a such a wonderful place to live and visit.
We are excited to share a 5-minute virtual tour of the Alders, the grand estate built in 1898 that is now the Manor House Inn. Learn about the unique architectural details, the architect who designed the estate, and intriguing facts about Charles Spofford, the wealthy railroad magnate from NYC who had the Alders built and lived here with his family.
Visit the Weekend in Norfolk Winter Festival website to see the full selection of virtual tours, workshops, musical performances. Here are some highlights:
WIN Winter Festival Events:
- Virtual Tour and History of the Alders, Ehrick Rossiter’s Victorian Masterpiece built in 1898 (now the Manor House Inn)
- Studio tour: Susan Aziz, puppet maker/costume designer
- Winter photography workshop
- Guide to Norfolk’s cross-country ski trails
- Nature talk from Cary Institute: Climate Change and Northeastern Forests
- Architectural tour of Norfolk
- Virtual art show: Norfolk Artists & Friends
- Workshop on Spanish cooking
- Demonstration: How the Norfolk Curling Club makes ice
- What farmers do in winter: Lost Ruby, Husky Meadows and Broad Field Farms
- Virtual tour: Battell Chapel including Tiffany’s stained glass windows
- Norfolk Yale Chamber Music Festival Concert: Brentano Quartet plays Beethoven and Hayden
- Performances by local musicians (click for links)
Don’t miss Norfolk’s Virtual Winter Festival to learn more about the exciting winter activities Norfolk offers for everyone!
It’s not too late to book a winter getaway in Norfolk. Click the link below to book your stay at the Manor House Inn today. Relax in one of our spacious fireplace suites after you spend the day exploring our charming town.